Welcome!



Hi! My name is Tanya Mills. I'm a portrait and event photographer based in Los Angeles. I love shooting on location to capture the mood and spirit of both special and everyday moments in people's lives. On this blog, I'll be sharing my most recent work as well as updates of what's going on in my life. You can reach me via email at tanya@tanyamillsphotography.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Taking the Plunge

So I've been thinking about becoming a photographer. A professional photographer. Wow! It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

School ended the first week of June and summer school doesn't start until the end of June, so in between catching up on sleep, I've had some time to explore the business side of photography. Yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to do a mentoring session over Skype with the lovely and talented Melissa of Melissa Jill Photography.

DSC_0334_nr_web.jpg

The hour flew by, and I have pages and pages of notes and ideas. Thank you, Melissa, for a great mentoring session. And I'm thrilled that I even made it onto your blog!

169/366

7 comments:

Melissa Jill :) June 18, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

Yay Tanya! How exciting that you started a blog! This is so great! You're going to do great things!

LAC June 19, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

Congrats on taking the big leap. I have been contemplating the same, but am too scared to give it a big try. Going to aim for selling prints at flea markets and craft shows for now and see howw that works. Can't wait to keep track and follow your progress!!!

Jan June 19, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

You would be awesome!

Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Hi Mrs. Mills! This is Catherine from the class of 2008, Pre-Calc period one. I've been following your flickr account, and this plunge sounds very interesting. So would this mean the end of your teaching days?

Marc June 20, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

woot :) looking forward to seeing all your creativity come to life!

Larisa June 20, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

Marc beat me to it in leaving a comment, but yes- we are definitely thrilled! We're doing our happy dance for you! :)

Tanya Mills June 23, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

I feel the love! Thanks so much for all your encouragement.

@vifetoile: I'm definitely not giving up my day job yet! (So yes, I'll still be teaching. Besides I love teaching!)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP