Welcome!



Hi! My name is Tanya Mills. I'm a portrait and event photographer based in Los Angeles. I love shooting on location to capture the mood and spirit of both special and everyday moments in people's lives. On this blog, I'll be sharing my most recent work as well as updates of what's going on in my life. You can reach me via email at tanya@tanyamillsphotography.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

San Diego by way of the Stone Brewing Co.

Pat and I spent the Fourth of July weekend down in San Diego. I was so excited that we brought our bikes with us.



On the way down, we stopped by the Stone Brewing Co. just north of San Diego to grab a bite to eat and something cool to drink. We started with the tasting menu of their core ales. Pictured from left to right are the Pale Ale, Smoked Porter, IPA, and Arrogant Bastard.



I love taking pictures of food, so I snapped shots of the three dishes we shared, which were all fabulous. First up are the BBQ duck tacos with pineapple habanero salsa, which remind me of the scrumptious kogi tacos.



The next dish may surprise those of you who don't yet know that I eat lots of vegetables now. Take a look at these beautiful Stone Pale Ale & garlic stir-fried brussels sprouts.



And finally we enjoyed a tilapia ceviche with chile-lime chips.



We had some time before the brewery tour started, so we relaxed in the garden with a beer and a good book.



The tour was lots of fun. We got to taste malted barley and smell hops and learn about the craft-brewing process on a large scale.



I think we might make this detour a regular stop whenever we come down this way. :)



0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP